Sunday, January 18, 2009

My 2 Days Without Running Water!




I know you take it for granted I KNOW YOU DO!!! Only people like vegans and tree huggers and homeless people don't have the capacity to take running water for granted. I mean I'm as concious and I believe am even more concious than the next man but.... lord knows RUNNING WATER SHOULD NOT BE taken for granted!!! I swear to you.


Now I've been homeless before, I've been in dire straights before trust me but the past 10+ years have been nothing but a steady escalation of goodness and growth. An I've been without water for some hours before (landlords fault,LOL) but 2 days???

Friday morning I woke up to flush the toilet only once for the next 48+ hours. I couldn't understand it. Sure Cleveland OH was struck with the wind chill of -30 for the first time in over 10 years (I believe since '94) but did that mean that this poorly constructed house would be struck with frozen WATER PIPES??? Never have I ever had to deal with this before. I mean... My goodness..It would be easier if it wasn't cold as Jack Frosts nutz outside but... It was colder even than that. Plus Brian (my van) was down so I couldn't take shower, bath, shower or bathe the kids, cook, wash dishes, do laundry, mop..NONE OF THAT SHIOT!!! What in the world???

shower Pictures, Images and Photos

Needless to say I was miserable miserable miserable. Washing up vigorously does not replace a good shower!


My landlord brought me a bunch of bottled water...he's such a Prep he doesn't know much about plumbing and the like, bless his heart... *sigh*

Well either way 2 days later, this Sunday morning My water was working. Praise Allah for that!! All is well with the worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment